- LWC Leyland Depot
- Competitive + Bonus
Title: Credit Controller Leyland Depot
Reporting directly to the - Depot Manager/Head Office Credit Control.
Objectives of the job:
- Minimise the depot credit risk and maximise the depots cash flow.
- Assist the depot manager in making credit and risk decisions.
- Ensure customers pay on time while retaining the business.
- Receiving, checking, and processing all new account credit application forms.
- Support the depot in ad-hoc duties.
- Ensure compliance with the company credit control policy.
- Escalate any potential issues to management and assist in resolving.
- Understanding the company’s credit control policy and adhering to it.
- Responsibility for orders over credit, taking accounts off stop and releasing orders from credit authorisation. Liaising with Head office for authorisation as per the company policy.
- Contact the customer to arrange collection of payments.
- Responsible for receiving new account credit applications and processing.
- Excellent attention to detail in checking all account paperwork
- Identify and clarify what terms and limit the customer requires.
- Processing credit checks and asset checks for new customers.
- Obtaining signatories where required from internal management.
- Set up new accounts on trinity GUI.
- Reviewing weekly aged debt report and having weekly account manager reviews.
- Reporting back to head office on a weekly basis filling out the reports that had been provided to monitor the debts.
- Build good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Responsible for cash postings.
- Processing Credit Limit Increase requests when necessary once authorised.
- Dealing with any bounced payments.
- Raise credit notes and resolve customer queries.
- Identify and escalate any of the depot’s bad debt to head office and assist in collection.
- The ability to take and input customer’s orders when required.
- Processing any necessary information to the designated legal company for the depot
- Various other administration duties within the office when required; confirmation, sorting the post, filing, processing orders etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exemplary attention to detail and time management skills.
- Prioritise and manage own workload.
- Work well under pressure in a stand-alone role but be part of the bigger depot team.
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook
- Good team work skills with all members of the depot and company.
- Experience in credit control.
- Previous credit account opening and credit report reading preferred.
- Experience in chasing ledgers, of between 300 and 500 accounts.