- LWC Northampton Depot
- DOE + Bonus
LWC are the largest independent and privately owned wholesaler of beers, wines and spirits in the UK. Our fleet of 170 delivery vehicles deliver over 6,000 product lines, on a 7-day-a-week basis, to over 10,000 on-trade customers every week. Our 14 distribution centres strategically placed across the UK give us full national coverage.
Job Title: Wine Development Manager Reports To: Sales Manager Northampton
Brief Overview: We are currently seeking a Wine Development Manager for our Northampton Depot, to look after our existing wine customer base and to develop new wine accounts
- Full time, Permanent
- Field based with visits to our Regional Depot office, Regional Customers and our Head Office in Manchester, as required
Responsible for the Wine performance within the allocated region. This includes
- Direct management of the Top 50 wine accounts within the region as a minimum
- Delivery of quality new wine business in the region from existing or new accounts
- Maximise the wine performance within the region through the training and education of Account Manager, key events, tastings, liaising with WSET course providers and running of these courses at the regional depot
- Supporting the Northampton Account Managers to maximise wine opportunities and margin through product mix within their account base
Key Skills: Account Management
- The opening of new wine accounts independently and also working alongside the Account Managers. Budget of £125k of additional new margin per annum.
- Maintain and update a live customer prospect list which will be driven directly by you as the WDM
- Work closely with Account Managers on existing customers
- Account management of Top 5 percent of each Account Manager’s customer base
- Wine reviews to be undertaken half yearly with agreed top 50 wine accounts within region
- Responsibility for Wine Development Plans within Key Accounts as and when agreed
- Maximise wine opportunities through quarterly account reviews with Account Managers e.g. Wine of the Month
- Minimum of 15 days per month in trade to include
- Visit to top 20 wine accounts - minimum 3 visits per year
- Commercially build wine lists in line with market trends
- Maximise profitability by identifying LWC own brand opportunities
- Responsible for presenting a wine slot at each monthly depot meeting
- Management of Samples
- Complete weekly call log and send to line manager
- Attend monthly meetings with Line Manager to discuss Sales performance
- Attend quarterly meetings with Regional Sales Manager to discuss depot wine performance
- To be fully prepared for Management, RSM, WDM meetings and 1:1's
- Work closely with Depot Managers, Stock Controllers, Telesales, Wine Team
- Ownership of Regional Wine Tastings and wine led events
Qualifications and experience required
- WSET Level 3 preferred but not essential
- Commercial experience in selling wine (on-trade preferred)
- Good track record in sales and meeting growth targets
- Knowledge of the wine trade and trends
What we offer
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Company car and fuel card.
- Bonus scheme
- Mobile phone and laptop.
- 25 days plus bank holidays per year
- Pension contributions.
- Additional work and travel expenses.