What information do we collect about you?
You provide the following information voluntarily when you interact with different parts of our site, www.lwc-drinks.co.uk (“our site”):
- Registration information when you sign up for an LWC account, including your name, your email address and your delivery address.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site to enable us to process your order, communicate your order to the relevant depot, and bill you. (Please note: LWC never stores your credit card information in its systems.)
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site such as subscribing to our marketing, reporting a problem with our site, or requesting further services.
- Any correspondence by email or post.
- Any information entered for competitions or promotions sponsored by LWC, or in opinion surveys.
- If you contact us via social media with personal information we will not use that information for any un-consensual reasons, however we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We collect activity information, including traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, automatically when you interact with our site.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
Our collection of personal information is essential for the use of certain features of our site. Without providing personal information, some service will be lost, such as online ordering, account registration and email marketing.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To make sure that content from our site is presented in the most effective way for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To process your registration, to process any orders you may make, and to carry out our obligations from any contracts between you and us.
- To provide you with a statement of your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
What is our legal basis for processing your information?
Whenever we process your personal information we have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: when you have told us that you are happy for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose/purposes.
- Legitimate interests: when the processing is necessary for business functions but not when our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of contract: when we have to process your information to be able to provide you with one of our products or services.
- Prevention of fraud: when we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud.
- Legal claims: when the processing of your personal information is essential for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or whenever courts are acting within their judicial capacity.
Who else can access your personal information?
LWC shares personal data with partners, suppliers and agencies that are essential to our business function and help us to deliver the products and services you require from us. These third parties include:
- Venn Digital: a third-party agency who help us to manage and maintain the website infrastructure and ordering portal.
- Google Analytics: to collect details of how visitors are interacting with our site. We may also use collated information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services. We may provide such collated information to third parties. These third parties include: Google Analytics and Venn Digital. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individuals.
- Mailchimp: through which we deploy our email campaigns (only users who have given consent through double opt-in will have their information shared in this way).
- Worldpay: a secure payment gateway through which all online and offline payments are processed.
LWC may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LWC or all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of website use or terms and conditions of sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LWC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where do we store your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Personal data that we have stored will be securely deleted after such data has served its business function. In most cases, our retention period will come to an end 6 years after the end of your relationship with us.
What are your rights?
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”) gives you the following rights with regards to your personal data, which can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation as long as this does not interfere with our legal obligations:
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to restrict our use of your personal information.
- The right to be forgotten.
- The right of data portability.
- The right to object to our use of your personal information.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe there has been an infringement in the processing of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, in the event that we rely on consent as our legal basis for processing your personal data.
If you are seeking to exercise any of the rights listed above, please refer to the “Contact us” section for further details.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Postal Address: Data Protection Officer, Unit 3, Stainburn Road, Openshaw, Manchester, M11 2DN.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is LWC, of Unit 3, Stainburn Road, Openshaw, Manchester, M11 2DN.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the GDPR is Andrew Dawson, Data Protection Officer.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
Under General Data Protection Regulations, we have 30 days to respond and action any request that you send to us. Plase note that certain access requests, including additional copies and excessive requests, may result in a fee.